Irish sunrise (credit to my dad)
#laytown #beach #sunrise #ireland #stunning #ocean #waves #sand #colour
Just booked my flights to NY in May. Also, this photo series is beautiful, love the seamless blend of day and night photography!
Superman: Red Son
Just finished reading this, after meaning to read it for about a year and a half! Its basically a three issue series, telling the story of Superman if he had grown up in Soviet Russia. Its basically all about how he’d lead the russians into a successful communist economy, while the US would crumble into poverty and high crime. Lex Luthors story line is pretty cool in this as Supermans #1 nemesis. For such a short series, the ending wraps everything up quite nicely, albeit rushed! Well worth a read :)
Sunset at Varadero Beach, Matanzas, Cuba
- 1: What is your name and does it mean anything? It means Dark one. Because I have really dark skin.
- 2: How long have you known your best friend? Since highschool I guess!
- 3: What position do you normally sleep in? On my face, freefall position :P
- 4: Were you a part of any “clique” in high school? The hippy/arty crowd
- 5: Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why? Both english teachers were epic. One had really dry humor that I loved, the other was just bonkers!
- 6: Do you wish to travel a lot? FUCK YEAH
- 7: Did you participate in any sports while in school? Basketball, GAA, Running
- 8: Show a sample of your handwriting: Its nice.
- 9: Have you ever given blood? Yah, a handful of times :)
- 10: Do you like the way that you grew up? Yeah, I was a bit of a dork at times but i guess its character building!
- 11: Do you like your siblings? Why or why not? Don't have any!
- 12: How did you meet your best friend and why did you become friends? I've a few besties, I met them all around the same time, generally just by hanging about town. We all just click really well
- 13: Name one movie that made you cry. 127 hours oddly enough
- 14: Do you prefer to read poetry, write poetry, or neither? Both
- 15: Things about someone that you find attractive? Eyes, Legs
- 16: What song are you currently listening to? The Beginning - Stars
- 17: Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how? My fingers, Playing BBall
- 18: A random memory from you childhood: Closing my eyes on a swing on a really warm day in ireland (one of about 5 a decade) and it was great!
- 19: Where did you grow up? Ireland
- 20: What was the last thing you watched on tv? Hmm.. Archer I tink
- 21: Do you think you’d make a good parent? Fuck no
- 22: Would you like to meet any of your Tumblr friends in person? I guess
- 22: What was the last dream you remember having? There was this scary dream I had recently where everyone was in a big sports stadium and we had all chosen a political party (blue or red, can you tell i know a lot about politics) and me and my firends were all in the blue party but then the red leaders just shot like 8 blue people and it was crazy and i ran away but I was looking for my firends, it was scary!!
- 23: When is your birthday? May
- 24: How many pillows do you sleep with? One
- 25: Do you wear glasses? If so, how long have you been wearing glasses? Sort of, Since a year or two ago. I rarely wear them though.
- 26: What color is your hair? Dark Brown
- 27: Name 5 facts about your appearance: Im tall, really lean, I like to think im "built" lol, I have flicky hair, Blue eyes, Crooked bottom teeth :P
- 28: What is your favorite soda? Diet A&W
- 29: What is a strange talent that you have? I'm really good at remembering useless facts abotu people.
- 30: How’s the weather right now? Decent for winter, except its not winter!
- 31: Why did one of your friendships end? We grew up to be totally different people with different morals
- 32: Who do you miss right now? My friend Lorcan cos we're chatting on fb
- 33: Why did your last relationship end? We got bored
- 34: Are you still figuring out who you are? Yep, havent a clue!
- 35: Have you ever been admitted to a hospital? Why? I had septicemia when i was 3... and then really bad Mono when I was 12!
- 36: What is your favorite restaurant? Oooh. Chew Chew's brunch is killer, but I also love La Bettola, Panorama Lounge, Island Cafe, BT cafe, or anywehre with a good steak.
- 37: What is word that you always seem to spell wrong?
- 38: Would ever adopt kids? Noooooooope
- 39: What is your favorite kind of pizza? Dr.Oatker Spinachi/Pollo
- 40: What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? I could use a coffee, and im gonig to cuba TOMORROW
- 41: When was the last time you got really really happy and why? Wandering about in the cold on Toronto Island, watching an owl. Or being with my favourite people here in Montreal the week before :)
- 42: What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Crocodile or Snake, chewy as fuck and really not tasty in the slightest.
- 43: How do you start a conversation? "Hi, what can I get started for you" mostly. Oh starbucks life
- 44: What’s a band you’ve been obsessed with lately? Phedre
- 45: Do you come from a family “of money?” I'd say they're middle class
- 46: Do you have a bucket list? A loose one, but yes
- 47: What is your favorite series of books? Hmm, Northern Lights I guess! Although I got really obsessed with teh Hunger Games! Im not usually into series though
- 48: When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt? I was really tired and absolutley lost it at this not-that-funny joke in modern family and actually cried with laughter for about ten minutes!
- 49: Where do you go when you’re sad? Forests
- 50: 5 random facts about yourself: I'm a gym junkie, Forests are the calmest place I can ever feel, Im always planning where I can travel next (it changes daily), I want to eat every animal I possibly can, I'm weirdly sentimental about little friendship bracelets.
Me yesterday when Toronto decided to be PLUS TEN degrees!
Really pretty song from the movie ‘Drinking Buddies’
My friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf
This was another really unusual comic a friend gave to me to read, never would have picked it out myself but thoroughly enjoyed it. Instead of watching the age old, dramatic music and dimly lit interview style doccumentaries about serial killers, this tells the story in a totally new way. The author actually went to high school with Jeffery Dahmer and recounts his friendship with the murderer through illustration, and can almost pinpoint the moment his life went downhill. I recommend it highly!! 7/10
Road trip with some of my besties on saturday, WOO